Custom Lists are great but I've always felt they could be used more easily. I hate dragging down with the plus cursor if I can help it, so I made a new toy to make life more bearable.
Here is what I wrote in the read me file.
"Custom Lists” is an Excel add-in that allows you to insert entries from your (both default and custom) Custom Lists into cells quickly and easily.
To enable the add-in in Excel, click the Tools menu at the top, then select Add-Ins. If not already visible in the list provided, navigate to the AddIns folder with the Browse button. When ready, tick the check box and close the Add-Ins dialog box.
How to use it
There are 4 options. To select the first 3, right click a range and select Custom Lists, Insert Custom List Form.
1. Enter the full list. Select the list you want to enter, Full List, then either Rows or Columns. No need to drag again with the plus cursor.
2. Enter the list into selected cells. Select as many cells as you like. The list will be inserted into the cells, repeating from the beginning if more cells than list entries are available. A fast way to enter something like days of the week or months etc over several rows or columns.
3. Enter a validation list. Use this to add a drop down list with all of the entries into each in a selected range. This will save a lot of time if you work with the same drop down lists on a frequent basis.
4. You can also add a single entry in selected cells by choosing from any of the lists (Mon,Tue,Wed – Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday - Jan,Feb,Mar etc)
1. You can resize the from to show all list entries if not visible by dragging to the right.
2. Previous settings are recorded so you can enter the same list with the same insert options quickly
Download it here :-)